Running on a treadmill offers a safer and more convenient way to exercise in the comfort of your own home. But the Proform Performance 1450 Treadmill isn’t just any treadmill: it’s packed with features that will really maximize the benefits you can get from exercising.
Running in paved roads can give you a nice cardio workout, but for people who live in the city, that’s not always an option. And gym memberships are expensive and not exactly always convenient. That’s why you need a treadmill at home. You don’t have to worry about getting hit by a car or a bike, getting bitten by a dog or stepping in dog poop, or getting mugged in the dark streets.
But to really get a good run, you may want to think about getting a good treadmill. And that brings us to the Proform Performance 1450 Treadmill.
Here’s what you can expect from the Proform Performance 1450 Treadmill:
• It measures 87 x 34 x 11 inches and weighs 200 pounds. But while it may seem large, it won’t take up much space when you’re not using it. That’s because you can just fold it so it can fit any storage area.
• It’s powered by a 3.25 CHP motor that can really withstand daily use. You can be sure of that because there’s a lifetime warranty for it.
• You run on the 20″ x 60″ 2-Ply Commercial Treadbelt, which is designed to reduce the impact on your joints. That should make you more comfortable.
• There are 26 preset programs in four different categories. There are 7 in incline, 7 for high intensity, 6 in calorie, and 6 speed workouts. You can even go on manual mode to design your own workout.
• There’s an easy to use interface that allows you to pick your workout with no trouble. Through iFit, you get smarter workouts and faster results as well.
• The workouts are powered by Google Maps, with automatic speed and incline controls. It as if you can train anywhere in the world, and the treadmill will adjust the speed and the incline to mimic the conditions.
• You can even train with Jillian Michaels. With your wireless Internet connection, you can even go online with your android browser and check your email and Facebook.
• It comes with a 10-inch full color touch screen. It even offers a racing track display so you can track your progress.
• There’s a port in which you can plug in your mp3 player. So if you don’t really care to use earphones, you can enjoy the rich sound of the music coming from the built-in sound system with the high excursion 3 inch drivers.
• There’s even a smart fan that adjusts the breeze according to how hard you’re working out, although of course you can program your preferred settings.
There are many reasons why the Proform Performance 1450 Treadmill is a good investment, besides the fact that a treadmill offers many inherent advantages over running outdoors.
For one, you get a lot of workout options. You can choose among many different workouts, and you can find or design one that suits your fitness goals. What’s more, you get to track your workout through iFit as well.
You’re also safer and you don’t stress your knees and ankles too much. And finally, with the entertainment features you won’t get bored at all.
Perhaps the most obvious deal-breaker here is the need for iFit if you want to track your workout. There’s no other workout tracking program included. So you have to take this into account. If you don’t like iFit, then you don’t like the Proform Performance 1450 Treadmill. It’s that simple.
Of course, it can be very easy to complain about some of the things the Proform Performance 1450 Treadmill lacks. Some, for example, may want a chest pulse sensor included. That means if you want to get a reading for your heart rate, you have to be in contact with the handlebar so that you can use the heart rate sensor on the grips. That may not always be easy when you’re running on the treadmill, and sometimes you may have to stop to do it correctly.
While it did receive 9 five-star ratings on its Amazon page, there are also the rather discouraging 6 one-star reviews to contend with. But reading the reviews present a much clearer understanding of how this happened.
Evidently, when the package arrives without a scratch, the users are invariably elated. The Proform Performance 1450 Treadmill offers a truly superior treadmill experience. They’re happy and it helps them.
But reading the 6 reviews shows that this is not always the case. You may not get a Proform Performance 1450 Treadmill in perfect condition, which is always a problem with equipment deliveries. And what really makes the situation worse is that the customer support may not be as helpful as you would want them to be.
Your best bet then is to make sure that you’re ok with getting iFit. That’s required, so that you get full use of the Proform Performance 1450 Treadmill.
Now we come to the question of the vendor. If you can, you may want to buy this treadmill in a brick and mortar store. Try it out first and make sure that everything works, and then buy it. This way, you can be sure you get a working unit.
But if you are going to be buying this treadmill online, it’s up to you to gauge how reliable the vendor is when it comes to offering safe delivery and proper customer support. The negative reviews were all about getting defective units and poor customer service, so you need to make sure you avoid such problems.
On the other hand, if you do get a perfectly working Proform Performance 1450 Treadmill, then we’re absolutely certain you’ll really enjoy your running and cardio workouts with this machine.